Location: Exton, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
- The applicant is expected to promote the sale and rental of products offered.
- Determines/understands customer equipment needs and provides alternative equipment suggestions to customers.
- Places equipment orders by obtaining customer information; finalizes details about when, where and what equipment is required; selects equipment/merchandise from inventory and organizes transportation for orders.
- Secures equipment by checking availability of equipment with shop; provides adequate notice for upcoming equipment requirements.
- Administers rental contracts (new and existing) including on and off rental dates, rates and all ancillary charges, amendments, suspensions (ensuring prompt collection of equipment), terminations, filing of contracts and related paperwork, and checking invoices.
- Supports sales efforts by performing prospecting calls, forwarding sales leads and incoming inquiries to the sales group, and acting as a liaison for marketing in respect to product promotions
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge to assist customers and other company personnel.
- Answering incoming telephone calls from existing and prospective customers.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard equipment.
- The ability to look up information, learn pricing, communicate effectively with customers is required.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Sell and promote branch and companywide promotions and specials as directed.
- At least 3 years of equipment rental industry experience or a 4-year college degree with at least 1 year of equipment rental experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to utilize basic computer functions with Microsoft Windows, Office, and various software programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction equipment and pricing policy
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and able to maintain a professional image and demeanor